Just a day on the Pier - Oceanside, CA

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Spit-up Mishaps






As Aubrey continues to get bigger her intake of milk is suppose to increase. However, sometimes just the opposite occurs. I think this photo was after we had fed our little girl approximately 6 oz. Aubrey is getting bigger though; here she is at 3 months of age.

I got a lot of delight in this photo. I know I shouldn't relish in the payback joys I get from this photo, but I can't help it, especially when my husband comes home and doesn't get what I do ALL day with a baby. I'm sure there are many moms out there (and to be fair.... dads, grandmas, caregivers, etc) who can fully attest to the many outfits (as well as "hats") we wear in one day. Don't worry, Aubrey got me pretty good after I ventured to try 7 oz with her a few weeks later. LOL. That "explosion" meant the carpet, new rocking chair, blanket, mom and baby outfit had to be changed. I suppose this is part of the joys of motherhood? :o/

Note that Brian had just washed one of his favorite long-sleeved tees. And if you look closely in the 2nd photo, you can see the spit-up marks that trailed behind as Brian pranced to the tiled are of the kitchen. Yes, prance! Each prancing step a glop of spit-up fell on my newly professionally cleaned carpet. I'll never forget Brian's look. We were discussing a home that we've been thinking of buying in the bedroom. I was on my bed and Brian had Bree. Aubrey had been fed over an hour earlier and Brian was holding slightly bouncing the little chub. All of a sudden and from no where there is this little cough and then out goes this fountain of white stuff. Nope, this human faucet didn't have a small leak, but rather a small burst in her pipes. Brian immediately pauses and looks to me for guidance on what he's suppose to do!!?? In an instant I say, "To the tile, to the tile!" (aka to the kitchen) Brian's reaction wasn't immediate. It was as if he was trying to avoid having her regurgitation not hit his newly washed long sleeve tee. His ill attempt at dashing...umm prancing....to the kitchen about 10 feet away left a small filmy/frothy, whitish saliva trail for me to clean as he washed up not only himself, but our little fountain.

2 comments:

  1. That is a lot of spit up right there. lol! don't look forward to that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If only you could have seen Brian's face/reaction....priceless! LOL

    ReplyDelete