Just a day on the Pier - Oceanside, CA

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Chirps, Coos & Grunts

It's been awhile since I've had a chance to post. So thanks for everyone that's been on our bums to get new stuff posted!

Since Aubrey has been about 8 weeks old she's been cooing and providing heart-stopping smiles to all the family (and strangers!) she's been meeting. It's her way of trying to engage adults into the wondrous world of Bree. It usually starts with a huge ear-to-ear dimpled smile and then her eyebrows sort of furrow, not a full on grumpy furrow face, but a look of contemplation as she carefully chooses how to form the word that surrounds her full heart-shaped lips. Slowly and methodically this "hmm" sound escapes with a gentle "coo" followed by a deep guttural raspy sound. It sounds kind of like an "R" being rolled but deep in the back in her throat. I suppose it's a good thing her first and middle name are French?

The past two weeks, however, our little Bree has been surprising us with these high pitched chirp like sounds. It's really cute as she's exploring and trying to find her own voice. I just hope this doesn't turn into high pitch screaming tantrums when she hits two! I've uploaded a video of our little talkative chirp-er in her new swing. Hopefully I did it right, it's my first time!??

By the way a huge shout-out and thank you to my sister-in-law, Erin, for letting us use their swing. It's been a life-saver! However, my mom has now been asking for something to put Aubrey in when she is being baby-sat so she can try and multitask while babysitting. Hence the new swing that we had to purchase. So it's currently on loan again at my moms! However, I'm sure it will find it's way back to its original home in about 20 weeks to welcome our new nephew/niece to rock him/her to sleep.

1 comment: