Just a day on the Pier - Oceanside, CA

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Daddy and his first blow out

So, I've gotten a little behind on my posting, but I have to blog about this real quick before little Bree wakes up this morning. Yesterday as I'm sitting in my bed checking email, all of a sudden I hear from the other room, "OH MYYYYY GOSH.....IT'S EVERYWHERE!" Brian was changing a diaper and experienced his first blowout. So naturally I ask, "What's wrong hun?" as I'm trying to cover up my intense giggles as I had a suspicion as to what his gasps were in reference too. Yes, Brian experienced a major blowout parental first. He wants it stated for the record that not much of the bowel movement seemed to make it in the diaper, so yes, he even washed her garmet in hot water before dumping in a load of baby clothes in the washer. Awesome, I got a diaper changing and washed clothes out of this from my awesome hubby! Love you Bri.

About a week ago, Aubrey was fussing quite a bit. She had her diaper changed, was fed, was not cold, did not want to be entertained with baby toys or mama and wasn't taking to being cuddled too much either. So I thought that maybe I should find out where the Nick Jr and the Disney channels are on since it's been about 20 years since I last chimed in to watch a show. Naturally Diego was on. I've heard so much hype about this little show -- and Dora too. I have to admit I learned a lot about Beavers from my little Diego experience and Aubrey even quieted down for a little bit.

But going back to my original thought, as I was watching Diego a commercial came on for Luvs diapers. I'm a Sensitive Swaddlers Pampers fan; Brian loves the yellow to green pee line on the front and they're great on our little girls sensitive bum. Hey, if it means I can get my husband to change diapers, than I'll buy the special pee lined diapers!! Anywho, this commercial comes on for Luvs diapers and I was about to change the channel until I realized that in some sick way this, "Poop there it is!" commercial was cracking me up. I would have never of understood this commercial if I had never experienced what folks refer to as blow outs in the baby diaper changing world. So I've come full circle now in my post and have even managed to even include the commercial for your viewing pleasure. It's set to Whoomp! (There it is) by Tag Team. Maybe Brian will want to give Luvs a try?

1 comment:

  1. Richard and I both got serious joy out of reading this post. I could just hear Brian's voice calling out when he saw blowout. Hehe
    I also couldn't help laughing watching the video clip. Too perfect, I might just have to share that with some of my friends. Oh the joys of motherhood. :)
    P.S. You will grow to love Diego I promise.

    ReplyDelete